I Need Faith. What do I do?
(This is the first of 4 posts on faith.)
In the Bible, the book of Genesis begins with the concept of newness. Newness is encoded in God’s creative process. His first order of business was to introduce light into a dark situation.
Taking a cue from Lamentations 3:23: His mercy never comes to an end; they are new every morning. In fact, every new year or month or day should remind us of miracles: that no matter how dark and difficult things may seem or be, light can shine. If the sun can rise, then your life can rise again. It is the same word of God that upholds the cycles of the sun, moon, stars and days that has come to you today.
From Hebrews 11:1 we know that faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. But what is it really?
What Faith is: It is the natural expression of the trust a believer has in his father – God.
What Faith is not: Positive thinking, high expectations based on no conviction or bargaining with God.
Why is Faith Important?
- Faith is the prescription for a good report in potentially unpredictable and fast changing times. (Hebrews 11:2 – By faith, the elders received a good report)
- Faith pleases God. (Hebrews 11:6 – And without faith, it is impossible to please God)
- Faith gets God actively involved in our situations and circumstances as there is a reward for faith. (Hebrews 11: 6 – He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him)
- Faith is the lifestyle of the believer. (2 Corinthians 5:7 – We walk by faith and not by sight)
How to Build Faith
To build faith, the first step is to create “What I hope for” and “Things I do not see” lists.
What should be on your “What I hope for” list?
- New items
- Things that motivate and enrich you
- More than just things
What should be on your “Things I do not see” list?
- The spiritual (not the spooky)
- What you will become in 2016
Now, here are 3 ACTION STEPS for to help you build a foundation of faith this week:
- Populate your “Things I hope for” & “Things I do not see” lists
- Identify areas where you need to build your faith in God
- Ask God to strengthen your faith in Him
What are your experiences trusting God and what do you have on your “Things I hope for” & “Things I do not see” lists? Tell us on our social media platforms.
Have a great day!
March 16, 2017
March 10, 2016
March 09, 2016
Warning: require_once(/homepages/14/d621047204/htdocs/lifepointeng.org/wp-content/themes/church-suite/footer.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /homepages/14/d621047204/htdocs/lifepointeng.org/wp-includes/template.php on line 555
Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/homepages/14/d621047204/htdocs/lifepointeng.org/wp-content/themes/church-suite/footer.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php7.0') in /homepages/14/d621047204/htdocs/lifepointeng.org/wp-includes/template.php on line 555